Setting up a New MyWorkDrive Instance (Overview)
Typically you can setup a new instance of MyWorkDrive in about 30 minutes, assuming you have access to all the items which need to be adjusted (firewall, antivirus, file shares) and are using infrastructure with good performance.
You’ll want to review the setup guide and minimum requirements before you begin:
The Server Setup Guide contains detailed information about the steps below.
To deploy a single MyWorkDrive server on the network alongside Active Directory and File shares, complete these steps:
- Setup a VM
- Download the MyWorkDrive Server Installer from the Portal
- Disable Antivirus
- Install MyWorkDrive; Reboot when requested
- Login to MyWorkDrive Admin Panel using the Control Panel on the server desktop.
Complete the Wizard to add a share, enable Cloud Web Connector and Office 365 as appropriate
- Add additional shares as necessary
- Setup SSO if desired
(We also have guides for ADFS, OneLogin, Okta or you can provision your own manually)
- Configure Delegation if you are using SSO or have DFS shares
- Enable the Cloud Web Connector if you did not during the wizard, OR setup DNS, SSL Cert and Firewall Port for a direct connection
- Adjust firewall settings
- Adjust Security settings
- Test Client Access on Web Client, Map Drive, Mobile