SFTP Server Alternative
Replace Windows SFTP Servers with MyWorkDrive Web File Manager while increasing security and reducing support costs
Benefits of MyWorkDrive vs SFTP
Provides a Secure FTP Alternative
MyWorkDrive provides a SFTP (secure FTP) alternative for Windows Active Directory-based firms looking to access file shares without the risks and support costs of associated with SFTP. While it’s easy to configure methods that provide fast access using traditional SFTP Server access – such as the built-in Windows IIS Server SFTP service – security is poor and the user must install and learn how to use SFTP client software. Although great for fast transfers, by default all FTP network communications are in clear text – including passwords. Solving this issue involves adding TLS SSL certificates to the server through the use of 3rd party software. Unfortunately, since browser clients do not support secure Secure SFTP communications IT must also manage the additional support burden of assisting users with the installation, configuration, and training of secure SFTP client software and unblocking of firewalls to allow Windows SFTP Server communications.
Improved Communication and File Access
In addition to a secure web browser file access portal, MyWorkDrive also offers desktop and mobile clients. All of our clients communicate over the latest highly encrypted TLS https/SSL protocols for secure communication and seamless file remote access providing an alternative to complex SFTP clients. MyWorkDrive has been awarded the Skyhigh CloudTrust™ rating of “enterprise-ready” for its MyWorkDrive Secure FileShare remote access software. Skyhigh identifies and classifies thousands of cloud services and provides an objective and detailed evaluation of the enterprise-readiness of each cloud service based on a detailed set of criteria developed in conjunction with the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA). In addition, MyWorkDrive provides the necessary security protocols to comply with security standards including HIPAA, GDPR, FINRA, FedRamp and FIPS.
Acts as a Replacement for Windows SFTP Server
MyWorkDrive acts as a replacement for Windows SFTP Server with our cloud add-on server module for Windows File Servers over SSL. All network communications occur over https using SSL certificates instead of SFTP. Existing Windows Shares are instantly made available to users without migrating data or installing and supporting complex sync and share database driven servers. From a support perspective, IT simply makes our Web Browser site available to users for easy Web File Access with no software to be installed or configured – reducing the related support costs around SFTP. By default port 443 HTTP SSL communications are enabled at remote locations reducing the support burden on IT Staff.
Enterprises can additionally enable two-factor authentication through our DUO.com integration for even great security – something not available when utilizing even secure SFTP Servers and SFTP client software.
Enterprises can deploy our server software in minutes to enable cloud file access and services including:
- Browser Based File Web Manager from Anywhere instead of SFTP Clients
- Online Collaboration in Office 365 keeps files stored on the File Server
- Edit documents using full local office keeps files stored on the File Server
- Secure Mobile Client Access (iPad, iPhone & Android)
- Secure Internal File Sharing Links
- External Public File Sharing using OneDrive limits internal server exposure
- Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Extensive logging
How Does it Work?
The System Administrator simply installs MyWorkDrive on a standard Windows Server joined to a Windows Active Directory Domain. MyWorkDrive connects to the existing Active Directory database out of the box. The Systems Administrator then logs in as a domain administrator and enables existing Windows File Shares to be made available within MyWorkDrive. Existing NTFS Permissions, Users and Groups are inherited – reducing administration and duplicate effort. Once the file server shares are published, an https secured website (instead of SFTP) is then made accessible to users turning a traditional windows file server into a robust secure Web File Manager portal accessible from anywhere. All files remain on the Windows File Server – nothing is stored on MyWorkDrive Servers, even when editing documents online in Office 365.
- Eliminate overhead and support issues of VPN, SFTP servers, and SFTP Clients
- Reduce data leakage by keeping files stored on local servers – even when opened in Office 365
- Access files remotely using any web browser, iPad, iPhone, Android, or any other device
- Enable Two Factor Authentication for additional Security beyond simple passwords or SFTP
- Collaborate with business partners by leveraging OneDrive Licensing for Public File Sharing
- No external public users to maintain like in traditional SFTP Servers
- Reduce support costs by leveraging Existing File Permissions, Users & Groups
- Monitor file usage with real-time access logging
- Ensure data security by retaining control of data access, storage & backup retention
- No troubleshooting secure SFTP firewall issues
MyWorkDrive is written with the Enterprise Windows Systems Administrator in mind – everything is Windows Based, utilizes IIS Web Server and is written in .net. Our solution is designed and engineered by San Francisco based Intivix.com engineers with over 25 years of real-world Windows File Server Remote Access, Secure SFTP and SSL VPN systems administration experience.