MyWorkDrive AWS File Server
MyWorkDrive is available on the AWS Marketplace and can be hosted in AWS to Test Drive MyWorkDrive capabilities or to provide a secure, scalable cloud file server for your Enterprise File Share Remote Access needs. Deployment only takes minutes using the machine image in the AWS marketplace.
MyWorkDrive is available on the AWS Marketplace as an Image and can be hosted in AWS to Test Drive MyWorkDrive capabilities or to provide a secure, scalable cloud file server for your Enterprise File Share Remote Access needs. Deployment only takes minutes using the machine image in the AWS marketplace.
Customers can quickly deploy MyWorkDrive in AWS using our image to test drive our capabilities or run their own private Cloud File Server in AWS permanently with access from anywhere while taking advantage of AWS Backups and redundancy on a virtual machine that they control. Files can be stored on their own virtual server or on Amazon FSX File Shares for Windows, which are maintained backed up by AWS. Files are stored using a standard NTFS formats which can be easily migrated, backed up or sync’d to other locations. With MyWorkDrive, no files are stored in databases or cloud based sync & share solutions outside of the administrators control.
The MyWorkDrive AWS image is pre-configured with MyWorkDrive components. Customers may also setup a MyWorkDrive server on Windows Server and install MyWorkDrive manually using our MyWorkDrive Server Setup Guide.
Since MyWorkDrive is based on Active Directory on startup the administrator is asked a few simple questions including company name. Customers may join their server to Amazon Hosted Active Directory or Active Directory on Domain Controllers that they maintain. MyWorkDrive fully supports Amazon AWS Active Directory Service.
Upon completion of the setup, a private url under MyWorkDrive.net is assigned for instant access to your AWS File Server using any browser with our Web File Manager. Customer can also setup their own direct connection with their own domain ( see our support article here) so they can utilize our Mapped Drive Client.
A demo share is added for the administrator to immediately begin testing. The administrator may wish to add additional domain users, shares and test permissions using NTFS.
Exploring MyWordDrive’s Web-Based Functions:
- Login to your site at yoursite.myworkdrive.net to view the demo share using your account – note your using your existing Active Directory account that was created for you automatically.
- Upload and Download Documents
- Double click on an office document to open it for viewing online
- Click “Edit Online” and login to your Office 365 account to edit the document online. Notice changes are saved back to the server.
- Highlight a file and choose sharing. Share file internally by obtaining an internal url for users already in active directory. Share externally by copying the file using your OneDrive Account.
- Upload Multiple Files from your PC using Drag and Drop functionality.
- Search for files by name or content
- Hover over picture files to preview contents
- Change views from detailed to, small – extra large icons
- Copy/Paste/Rename and delete files
- Create a new Office File or Folder
Test MyWorkDrive Applications:
- Install our Mapped Drive client on your PC, map a drive using your url – https://yoursite.myworkdrive.net with your username & password. Note: MyWorkDrive.net is not supported for production use of the mapped Drive client – Setup your own domain name as referenced earlier in this article.
- Note drive letters mapped
- Upload/download and edit files directly using the newly mapped drive.
- Install our Mobile App and login to view and download files
In addition to basic features, for enterprises MyWorkDrive offers additional functionalities including:
- Two Factor Authentication
- Data Loss Prevention
- Enterprise Search
- ADFS SSO
Review the full server support document here to access and setup these enterprise features.