5 Tips to Minimize Enterprise File Sharing Risks Risks of Consumer Oriented File Sharing Platforms Regardless of the industry your business falls under, the ability of your employees to securely access tools and information to perform their duties is critical. Providing employees easy access to files and folders is essential to keep business operations flowing and to […]
There has been a proliferation of data driven devices like tablets, smartphones, and laptops that has created an enormous demand for access to business files from anywhere at anytime. This is particularly troubling for businesses because it’s created a bit of a blind spot for IT departments. Companies that care about maintaining control and visibility over […]
Has your privacy ever been invaded and shortly after, you have trouble trusting that it won’t happen again? If it hasn’t happened to you, you’re one of the lucky ones. Unfortunately there are vicious hackers out there in the IT world, as we’ve seen recently with what could potentially be one of the largest breaches […]
Effects of the Lack of File Sharing Mobility A recent study has revealed that companies and top executives have lost data, missed deadlines, and suffer from decreased productivity because of a lack of file sharing mobility and remote access. According to the report, The State of Mobility in The Workplace, forty percent of top executives […]
Where would we be without technology? From the World Wide Web to the Smartphone and everything in between, technology has changed the shape of the world and has complete transformed the way that humankind does virtually everything. Now it’s possible to order a pizza while riding the subway and book a hotel room while driving.
One thing is for sure, however; technology would not be anything it is today if it weren’t for the business technology engineers who shaped it. While there are so many individuals who have helped to shape and change this industry, here’s a look at five of the most influential pioneers.
- Mark Zuckerberg –You can’t even buy a package of gum without seeing that iconic blue ‘F’ for Facebook. With billions of users, and millions more new users joining the social media yearly, Mark Zuckerbereg, the creator of the social media giant, is, without a doubt, one of the most notable business technology pioneers.
- Sergey Brin and Larry Page – The Stanford University graduates co-created the world’s largest search engine – Google. Together, the two came up with the idea to create a search engine that would provide users with precisely what they were looking for and limited the amount of time that they would have to spend looking for what they wanted to find. Today, Google powers so many facets of the World Wide Web and technology that it the word ‘Google’ has become a verb.
- Bill Gates – At just 19 years old, Bill Gates created one of the first software companies for personal computers in the world. At 24, he joined forces with Paul Allen, and together, the two struck a deal that was pure gold. The duo went into business with IBM and completely transformed the way that the World Wide Web operated. Today, Gates is one of the richest people in the world.
- Steve Jobs –His name is synonymous with Apple, the company that he created. While Apple is certainly one of his greatest achievements, it’s not his only one; Steve Jobs also changed the animation industry when he pioneered and became the chairman of Pixar. He has single-handedly changed modern music, communication and entertainment.
- Thomas Watson Sr and Lou Gerstner – The pair, who both came from the working class, spearheaded a company that completely changed technology. Together, they created International Business Machines, better known as IBM, a computer technology and IT consulting corporation.
Remote access is no longer a company perk it’s a necessity. Remote access means different things to different people. It can refer to telecommuters accessing their company’s server; branch offices that need interaction with systems at company’s main office; or enable mobile employees to upload or download data from a hotel, car, or even a […]
Major VPN Flaw Do you remember Heartbleed? A major security vulnerability affecting hundreds of thousands of websites, Heartbleed was not just another virus – it was a flaw. A mistake allowing hackers to extract massive amounts of information off the VPN connection: User Names Passwords Other sensitive data. SSL allows information to be securely transmitted […]
Cloud computing provides instant access to data through an internet connection. Whether on a desktop, a tablet, or even a phone, data is available anytime, anywhere. For businesses, cloud computing reaps benefits such as scalable storage for databases, applications, and files while eliminating the need for a data center or IT support team. Risks When […]
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation warned U.S. Businesses in early October that hackers it believes to be backed by the Chinese government have recently launched attacks on U.S. Companies. Days later, Apple’s iCloud storage service China was attacked by hackers trying to steal user credentials. Greatfire.org, a Chinese web monitoring group, broke the news […]