MyWorkDrive adds Files Anywhere capabilities to Windows File Servers to enable better, faster and more secure users access to files from anywhere. In the past administrators were forced to choose between insecure VPN software or clunky file sync solutions when providing remote access to files. With MyWorkDrive IT Administrators get the best of both worlds: Local file share access speeds, IT control and the benefit of cloud style remote file services they have come to expect.
MyWorkDrive works by allowing users access files from anywhere using our web based file manager, mapped drive or mobile clients. IT simply installs MyWorkDrive on an existing or new Windows Server. An IIS website is added as part of setup that the administrator simply points to the file shares they would like users to access remotely. Existing Active Directory Permissions, Groups and Users and integrated directly with our native .net application.
From an IT administrator’s standpoint, the solution is a “No Brainer” providing the following business benefits:
- Improved Security – Two Factor Authentication, Data Loss Prevention and precision access to remote files. Since users have full cloud capabilities “shadow IT” is eliminated.
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership – No need to support syncing or VPN clients – Users are provided a simple web address for easy access to their work files where they can edit and share them online, utilizing our mapped drive or mobile clients.
- Online Collaboration in Office 365 without moving files to the cloud (MyWorkDrive is the only service that provides the option to remotely edit files but save back to windows file shares from any Office 365 subscription).
- Reduce costs by leveraging existing investments in infrastructure and Office 365
- Single-Sign-On Integration
- Monitor file usage with real-time access logging
- Ensure data security by retaining control of data access, storage & retention
- On-Premise Speed and Availability with Files Anywhere Access
MyWorkDrive was designed and engineered by San Francisco based Intivix.com engineers with over 25 years of real-world Windows File Server systems administration experience.