MyWorkDrive provides a secure ftp replacement for Windows Active Directory based firms looking to access file shares without the risks and and support costs of associated with FTP. While it’s easy to configure methods that provide fast access using traditional FTP Server access – such as the built-in Windows IIS Server FTP service – security is poor and user must install and learn how to use FTP client software. Although great for fast transfers, by default all FTP network communications are in clear text – including passwords. Solving this issue involves adding TLS SSL certificates to the server through the use of 3rd party software. Unfortunately, since browser clients do not support secure FTP communications IT must also manage the additional support burden of assisting users with the installation, configuration and training of secure FTP client software and unblocking of firewalls to allow Windows FTP Server communications.
MyWorkDrive replaces secure FTP with our cloud add-on server module for Windows File Servers. All network communications occur over https using SSL certificates instead of FTP. From a support perspective IT simply makes our Web Browser site available to users for easy Web File Access with no software to be installed or configured – reducing the related support costs around FTP. Enterprises can additionally enable two factor authentication through our DUO.com integration for even great security – something not available when utilizing even secure FTP Servers and FTP client software. Enterprises can deploy our server software in minutes to enable cloud file access and services including:
- Browser Based File Web Manager from Anywhere instead of FTP Clients
- Online Collaboration in Office 365 keeps files stored on the File Server
- Edit documents using full local office keeps files stored on the File Server
- Secure Mobile Client Access (iPad, iPhone & Android)
- Secure Internal File Sharing Links
- External Public File Sharing using OneDrive limits internal server exposure
- Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
How it works:
The System Administrator simply installs MyWorkDrive on a standard Windows Server joined to a Windows Active Directory Domain. MyWorkDrive connects to the existing Active Directory database out of the box. The Systems Administrator then logs in as a domain administrator and enables existing Windows File Shares to be made available within MyWorkDrive. Existing NTFS Permissions, Users and Groups are inherited – reducing administration and duplicate effort. Once the file server shares are published, an https secured website (instead of FTP) is then made accessible to users turning a traditional windows file server into a robust secure Web File Manager portal accessible from anywhere. All files remain on the Windows File Server – nothing is stored on MyWorkDrive Servers, even when editing documents online in Office 365.
Business Benefits of MyWorkDrive Web File Manager over Secure FTP Servers:
- Eliminate overhead and support issues of VPN, FTP servers, and FTP Clients
- Reduce data leakage by keeping files stored on local servers – even when opened in Office 365
- Access files remotely using any web browser, iPad, iPhone, Android, or any other device
- Enabled Two Factor Authentication for additional Security beyond simple passwords or FTP
- Collaborate with business partners by leveraging OneDrive Licensing for Public File Sharing
- No external public users to maintain like in traditional FTP Servers
- Reduce support costs by leveraging Existing File Permissions, Users & Groups
- Monitor file usage with real-time access logging
- Ensure data security by retaining control of data access, storage & backup retention
MyWorkDrive is written with the Enterprise Windows Systems Administrator in mind – everything is Windows Based, utilizes IIS Web Server and is written in .net. Our solution is designed and engineered by San Francisco based Intivix.com engineers with over 25 years of real-world Windows File Server Remote Access, FTP and SSL VPN systems administration experience.