MyWorkDrive integrates exclusively and natively into an existing Windows File Share infrastructure providing an secure, easy to use IIS OwnCloud alternative. MyWorkDrive is built from the ground up to integrate exclusively with Windows Active Directory and NTFS File Shares with no changes to work processes or traditional mapped drives clients. With MyWorkDrive Owncloud alternative, enterprises can simply and easily provide secure remote file access to their users in minutes without migrating data to Linux or compromising security.
- No databases: Unlike OwnCloud MyWorkDrive exclusively uses existing active directory users, group and NTFS permissions to provision users. No files are stored in any databases nor are any additional administration of users, database backup software licenses or management needed when integrating MyWorkDrive.
- Network Share file locking – with our native file locking integration users can continue to use traditional mapped drive clients and files are properly locked alongside our Web, Mobile or Desktop clients. With Owncloud, clients must be migrated to Owncloud sync client and they do not properly lock and interact with network shares alongside other users.
- IIS vs LAMP Stack – MyWorkDrive uses native IIS and .Net for all server communications. With Owncloud the application runs within the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP). In addition to being difficult to manage and unfamiliar to Windows System Administrators, the LAMP stack is complicated to patch and secure with standard Windows tools and for Owncloud is only supported on Linux.
- Mobile Office Document Editing – Only MyWorkDrive has the ability to edit documents in native Office Apps for iOS mobile stored on Local File Shares. OwnCloud does not.
- Reduced Administration – OwnCloud imports Active Directory users and group into a database and requires manual management of users. With MyWorkDrive Active Directory is native and licenses are automatically provisioned and deprovisioned as users drop off after 30 days.
- Better Web Browser Client – With MyWorkDrive users view and edit files in our beautiful web file manager file explorer style interface greatly reducing training and support costs.
- Security – MyWorkDrive exclusively uses built-in Windows NTFS and Access Based enumeration security for Windows shares that run under the users login context, as such no login information or access to files are ever stored in a database or used by MyWorkDrive. OwnCloud can also connect to Windows File shares however it does not support simultaneous file locking and also hosts files in a database increasing maintenance and backup requirements.
Every MyWorkDrive Edition Includes: