Unlike FileCloud MyWorkDrive integrates exclusively and natively into an existing Windows File Share infrastructure. MyWorkDrive is built from the ground up to integrate exclusively with Windows Active Directory and NTFS File Shares with no changes to work processes or traditional mapped drives clients. With MyWorkDrive, enterprises can simply and easily provide secure remote file access to their users in minutes without migrating data or compromising security.
- No databases: Unlike FileCloud MyWorkDrive exclusively uses existing active directory users, group and NTFS permissions to provision users. No files are stored in any databases nor are any additional administration of users, database backup software licenses or management needed when integrating MyWorkDrive.
- Network Share file locking – with our native file locking integration users can continue to use traditional mapped drive clients and files are properly locked alongside our Web, Mobile or Desktop clients. With FileCloud, clients must be migrated to FileCloud only clients to properly lock and interact with network shares alongside other users.
- IIS vs LAMP Stack – MyWorkDrive uses native IIS and .Net for all server communications. With FileCloud the application runs within the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP). In addition to being difficult to manage and unfamiliar to Windows System Administrators, the LAMP stack is complicated to patch and secure with standard Windows tools.
- Mobile Office Document Editing – Only MyWorkDrive has the ability to edit documents in native Office Apps for iOS mobile stored on Local File Shares. FileCloud does not.
- Reduced Administration – FileCloud imports Active Directory users and group into a database and requires manual management of license keys. With MyWorkDrive Active Directory is native and licenses are automatically provisioned and deprovisioned as users drop off after 30 days.
- Better Web Browser Client – With MyWorkDrive users view and edit files in our beautiful file explorer style interface greatly reducing training and support costs.
- Security – MyWorkDrive exclusively uses built-in Windows NTFS and Access Based enumeration security for Windows shares that run under the users login context, as such no login information or access to files are ever stored in a database or used by MyWorkDrive. FileCloud can also connect to Windows File shares but also hosts files in a database and for file shares utilizes service accounts with root permissions to all shares to provide the ability to search files across network shares.
Every MyWorkDrive Edition Includes: