Unlike FileCloud MyWorkDrive integrates seamlessly and natively into an existing Windows File Share infrastructure. MyWorkDrive is built from the ground up to integrate exclusively with Windows Active Directory and NTFS File Shares with no changes to work processes or traditional mapped drives clients. With MyWorkDrive, enterprises can simply and easily provide secure remote file access to their users in minutes without migrating data or compromising security.
- No databases: Unlike FileCloud MyWorkDrive uses existing active directory users, group and NTFS permissions to provision users. No additional administration or database backup software licenses or management is needed when integrating MyWorkDrive.
- Network Share file locking – with our native file locking integration users can continue to use traditional mapped drive clients and files are properly locked alongside our Web, Mobile or Desktop clients. With FileCloud, clients must be migrated to FileCloud only clients to properly lock and interact with network shares alongside other users.
- IIS vs LAMP Stack – MyWorkDrive uses native IIS and .Net for all server communications. With FileCloud the application runs within the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP). In addition to being difficult to manage and unfamiliar to Windows System Administrators, the LAMP stack is complicated to patch and secure with standard Windows tools.
- Mobile Office Document Editing – Only MyWorkDrive has the ability to edit documents in native Office Apps for iOS mobile stored on Local File Shares. FileCloud does not.
- Reduced Administration – FileCloud imports Active Directory users and group into a database and requires manual management of license keys. With MyWorkDrive Active Directory is native and licenses are automatically provisioned and deprovisioned as users drop off after 30 days.
- Better Web Browser Client – FileCloud emulates the Drop Box style interface with an emphasis on file sharing. With MyWorkDrive users view and edit files in our beautiful file explorer style interface greatly reducing training and support costs.
- Security – with native support for NTFS and Access Based enumeration no login information or access to files are ever stored or used by MyWorkDrive. FileCloud utilizes service accounts with root permissions to all shares to provide the ability to search files across network shares.
- Support – MyWorkDrive is supported and backed by its co-founders – Intivix.com with 20 years of US based technical support. We don’t outsource our support and pride ourselves on providing the best support in the industry.
Every MyWorkDrive Edition Includes: