With Many employees working remotely from home, the need for seamless mapped network drive access to Windows File Shares has increased ten fold. This has created a huge support burden on IT staff to manage corporate PC’s remotely, secure internal networks and train users on how to use VPN.
MyWorkDrive alleviates these security and support concerns with our Mapped Network Drive Client. The MyWorkDrive mapped drive client allows employees to have the same user experience that they previously only had when working in the office or connecting from to VPN from a Corporate PC.
In addition to alleviating the IT help desk from supporting VPN and end user PC’s, the MyWorkDrive mapped drive client improves security – Only port 443/HTTPS is opened to your MyWorkDrive Server with no direct VPN access to your internal network or file shares.
How it works
With MyWorkDrive it’s easy to push out network mapped drives – no complicated login scripts or VPN’s needed! Simply point to your existing network shares from your MyWorkDrive Server. MyWorkDrive automatically imports existing Active Directory Users and Group Permissions and even displays User Home Directories. MyWorkDrive also allows you to push out drive letters for each share – matching your in-house user experience. Users simply login to your MyWorkDrive Web Site URL using their existing Active Directory credentials or SSO login. All network mapped drives are displayed automatically.
MyWorkDrive Mapped Drive Features
Our Mapped Drive Client adds additional security and application level protection controls that aren’t available with traditional mapped network drives over VPN.
- Drive Letters pushed from Server that mirror mapped drive letters used in the office.
- File Type Blocking
- File Size Limiting
- Two factor Authentication
- Data Leak Prevention view of files with download/copy/print restrictions.
- Granular Permissions.
- Active Directory NTFS Permissions Secured by default.
- Bulk File Upload Interface.
- Open Office Documents in Office 365 online without local Office Apps installed.
- Connects over https port 443 instead of SMB Port 445 which is typically blocked by ISP’s.
DLP Protected Mapped Network Drives
View and edit files online directly from the mapped drive client – while still being restricted from downloading as configured on the MyWorkDrive Server. This feature eliminates training requirements for end users and the need to login from the Web Client by using a native view of files and folders in both Windows Explorer and macOS Finder – while adding DLP security features to protect sensitive data.
- Prevent downloads of files and folders while still displaying files and folders in a traditional mapped drive client interface.
- View, or Edit files online while blocking download, clipboard, printing, upload or renaming of files.
- Watermarks and user details displayed and logged on all viewed files.
Using our latest version yet? In our January 2021 Server Release we increased our already fast access speeds by up to 500% when using the MyWorkDrive Mapped Drive client. Server directories with 1000’s of files and folders load in seconds!
With MyWorkDrive employees can work safely from home with a mapped network drive experience without the support or security concerns of VPN.